Term: Full-time, 8 month contract with opportunity for extension
Those self-identifying as First Nations, Métis, Inuit, non-status, or women of Indigenous ancestry, or have first-hand knowledge or experience working with an Indigenous community are strongly encouraged to apply.
What's the opportunity?
In order to continue to provide a high-quality level of service and support to our client the Native Women’s Association of Canada (NWAC), spark* is expanding our team by adding a new account representative dedicated to this account.
Part campaign + project manager, part copy writer, part social media content creator, you will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day activities of this account, participating in the client-facing relationship, and developing written communications materials. The responsibilities related to this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct day-to-day communications with NWAC via email, phone, video (or in-person in a post-COVID world).
- Stay up to date on the news and current events related to our client’s issues.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions; introduce new ideas, different approaches and treatments, and bring forward inspiring examples you have seen ‘in the wild’.
- Draft and edit a variety of written materials including but not limited to blogs, social media posts, press releases, ad copy, research briefs, scripts.
- Develop content for and manage multiple social media accounts on a variety of platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok.
- Possess a positive attitude and be willing to take on new challenges. Be open to teaching yourself new skills, software, or techniques when necessary, and show initiative to find solutions.
- Work under tight timelines, prioritize projects, and be able to shift gears when required.