We are looking for an Art Director or Senior Designer to join spark*’s creative team. Reporting directly to the Executive Creative Director, you would develop and oversee digital and print creative solutions to address our varied client’s needs. This is a hands-on role not a management role, meaning you will be able to flex your creative muscle ideating and executing creative concepts for advertising and communications campaigns.
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design principles, styles and layout techniques as well as have some exposure to advertising and marketing. You should also have experience executing creative projects from conception to production, including websites, brochures and social media creative.
Ultimately, you have a passion for great creative and clever solutions and can deliver high quality work on tight timelines.
- Oversee design projects, from conception to delivery
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics, as well as adapt stock imagery and illustration to suite
- Apply core typography techniques
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise strategic communications
- Develop concepts for digital, social, web and print as well as out-of-home advertising
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all projects
- Liaise with account, client and other design team members to ensure deadlines are met
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments, tools, techniques
- Proven work experience as a Designer/Senior Designer
- Portfolio (Online or physical) of completed design projects with clear attribution of your role(s) in each piece
- Advanced experience with software such as Adobe Core Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Firm familiarity with software such as MS Office (Word, Powerpoint)
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to self-critique and refine
- Strong typography skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently, as well as collaborate with a team
- College or University diploma in design or be able to demonstrate sufficient experience in lieu of a certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Experience with Adobe Premier and/or Adobe AfterEffects
- Interest or background in Canadian politics, political causes, or civic engagement.
Does this sound like you? Send an email and let’s talk firstname.lastname@example.org