Why is it important?
Social listening takes the guesswork out of social media. It gives insights into who your audience is, how they feel about your organization, how you stack up against your competitors, what your audience is looking for and how you can effectively connect with them.
Whether you want to learn more about the hashtags your audience uses and which accounts they’re engaging with most or explore sentiment on a trending topic, social listening can help.
Beyond guiding your content strategy, social listening can also be used for:
- Assessing public perception of your organization
- Gaining industry insights
- Conducting competitive analyses
- Monitoring event responses
- Analyzing campaigns
- Reputation management
- Monitoring and staying ahead of emerging crises
- Identifying potential influencers
- Tracking trending topics to establish your position as a thought leader